Thermal Integrity Profiling (TIP)
Field Demonstration and Analysis
PDI (Pile Dynamic Inc) and GTC are planning to conduct 1st Demo installation of TIP (Thermal Integrity Profiling) of drilled piles in Dubai.
Pile Dynamics (PDI) and GTC Lab would like to invite you to a free demonstration of Thermal Integrity Profiling (TIP) for bored piles. TIP is the next generation quality assurance product to assess the quality of cast-in-place concrete foundations. TIP is a faster, more accurate and cost-effective alternative to the Crosshole Sonic Logging (CSL) method.
The Thermal Integrity Profiler uses heat generated by curing cement to evaluate the concrete quality and shaft integrity of the entire cross-section, including the area outside the reinforcing cage along the entire length, without maximum length limitations. It is the only method that can assess cage misalignment and concrete cover aspects which are particularly important in aggressive soil environments.
Please register for this demonstration by contacting:
Hazem Sarhan at email@example.com
Emad Sharif at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thermal Integrity Profiling (TIP) Demonstration
Monday, December 18, 2017, Dubai, UAE
Beginning at 8:30 a.m.
A Seminar will be later organized to present the results and video recording of the installation and measurements.
Thermal Integrity Profiling (TIP) Advantages
Once in a while a new solution to an old problem comes around and is so superior to the leading industry standard technologies that it cannot be ignored. The TIP Thermal Wire® Cable System by Pile Dynamics, Inc. takes assessing the quality of cast-in-place concrete foundations to a whole new level, while eliminating various issues that plague legacy technologies.
1. Proven in numerous projects around the world with great success, TIP has received several awards for innovation, and has an associated ASTM Standard D7949.
2. First non-destructive testing technology that allows the Engineer to profile and analyze every section of the entire shaft, including areas exterior to the reinforcing cage, concrete cover and cage misalignment.
3. On-site analysis of field measurements alone will instantly highlight areas of concern (necking, cage alignment irregularities, locations of over-pour bulges, layers of deficient cement content i.e. weak concrete).
4. Provides a complete 3-dimensional visualization of the shaft quality in the early stages of the pour (within 12 to 72 hours). Early discovery equals swifter ability to move to the next shaft, or swifter determination of any necessary remediation.
5. Data is sampled automatically, typically every 15 minutes, therefore does not require an Engineer to be present on-site during testing. iCloud Technologies allow data transfer and analysis to the office location in near real-time, without
traveling to the construction site.
6. Tie-Wrapping TIP Thermal Wire® Cables to the vertical sections of rebar prior to cage placement greatly simplifies the testing procedure.
7. Thermal Wire Cables have a very small profile compared to typical access tubes and do not restrict the concrete flow to the exterior of the cage.
8. TIP testing saves the contractor installation time compared to CSL testing. In some markets, TIP materials also offer significant cost savings.